High Molecular Weight DNA

Ulrich Maier maieru at uni-muenster.de
Thu Jul 31 02:06:06 EST 1997

Shou-hsien Li <sl7599 at cnsibm.albany.edu> wrote:

>I am considering trying Qiagen's Genomic tips DNA extraction kit to
>obtain relatively high molecular wt. DNA from frozen tissue for lambda
>cloning and southerns. Does anyone have any experience with this kit?
>Did you like it; was the DNA size about 100kb or better and was the
>DNA obtained clean? Thanks!

I have worked two or three years ago with the genomic DNA isolation
kit from QIAgen based on the Tip 20G/100G columns.

The results were consistend with earlier experiences with QIAgen. The
eluat from the column is suitable for every follow-up step, for
example digestion with critical REs, the yield was ~20 percent of
classic isolation methods.

Try it!

Bye Uli

(I am getting NO money from QIAgen!)