Prove one cDNA consists of 2 clones

Zhonglin Chai zchai at COBRA.PATH.MONASH.EDU.AU
Thu Jul 31 20:23:55 EST 1997

You may do a RT-PCR using primers outside the overlapping regions from each
clone. If you are derived from a single mRNA you should be able to get a
fragment amplified.
hope this of help.

>     We have picked up 2 clones from a cDNA library which show they have
>500nt overlap area (most probably completely identical, we will know
>soon). I wonder if someone can tell me the best way(methods) to prove
>they are one transcript directly from mRNA level. Thanks!
>     Cheng

ZhongLin Chai, PhD
Department of Pathology and Immunology
Monash University Medical School