TRANSFECTIONS; role of carrier DNA.

Obaid Yusuf Khan 9321531k at clinmed.gla.ac.uk
Sun Jun 1 08:21:07 EST 1997

I am curious to know what role does carrier DNA play in transfecting mammalian
cell in culture. Is it only used for precipitating the DNA in large amount so it can
be taken up by the cell or does it have any role after its successful entry into the
cell.
Also if anyone has been doing DOTAP or any other Lipofection (which does not
need carrier DNA ??) with carrier DNA would like to exchange some tips. Am I
right in assuming that using carrier DNA in Lipofection will increase the
transfection efficiency.