Looking for sequence-specific agarose

Peter Wang plw at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Sun Jun 1 09:49:28 EST 1997

Dear Steve:

This may not be the ad that you saw, but I have seen an ad for an
additive for agarose gels that helps resolve bands of similar size but
different sequence, and got some literature.  It is called Resolver Gold
and is sold by Ingenius (UK distributors are R&D Systems, email address
info at rndsystems.co.uk).  The additive preferentially binds to and
retards A+T rich sequences.  I doubt it will pick up a single base
difference though.  The original reference is:

     Wawer C et al. 1995, Nucleic Acids Research 23(23):4928-4929

I have not tried it yet myself, if anyone out there has experience with
it I'd be interested to hear.  No company affiliation.

Cheers,
- Peter