Need Fast & Cheap Plasmid Miniprep Kit

kang at msvax.mssm.edu kang at msvax.mssm.edu
Mon Jun 2 20:34:11 EST 1997

In article <UPMAIL11.199705270514150894 at msn.com>, Emad_G at MSN.COM ("Emad Gharavi") writes:
>Dear All:
>
>Without inciting a war of the KITs, I'd like to ask if anyone knew of a cheap,
>but decent, commercial miniprep kit.  We will routinely be doing subcloning
>and sequencing so a fast, reliable and high quality kit would be nice.  I've
>used Qiagen's kits and would normally use them except they're a bit costly for
>our budget.  And I wouldn't want to be the one to tell our clinical fellows
>that they'll have to do it the old fashioned way.
>
>All suggestions would be appreciated
>
>E Gharavi
>
>LSU Medical Center
>New Orleans, LA
>Emad_G at msn.com

Hi there;

I feel sympathy on your problem. Why? Cause I also had same problem as you.  I
solved that problem by developing my own kit by myself.  It is almost same idea
as Promege wiard miniprep but using Diatomaceous earth as binding resin. Of
course you can substitute diatomaceous earth with silica gel or pumce or glass
powder.  If you need the protocol, send me e-mail.

Chulho Kang Ph.D.