Very High Molecular Weight Markers

Mike Perry mike.perry at bris.ac.uk
Mon Jun 2 09:57:00 EST 1997

-Hi,

I'm trying to look at a protein of MW 500-800kDa by PAGE. (Yes I need to
use PAGE and not another method for other reasons).
The only commercial markers covering this size (just) I can find are
Sigma's P8906 markers that need to be run on a phosphate gel without a
stack (come with a warning not to use them on a Laemmli style gel and
sure enough they don't run well on this gel type).  I've tried the
phosphate gel system and do not like it.  Hence:
1. Has anyone tried these type of markers on gradient gels?
2. Can anyone recommend alternative high molecular weight markers
(ideally three) & where I can get them from.

Thank you

Mike-
Dr Mike Perry			email -  mike.perry at bris.ac.uk
Dept. Anatomy			Tel (0117)9287421
School of Medical Sciences	Fax (0117)9287402
University of Bristol
University Walk
Bristol UK
BS8 1TD