Two-hybrid: Many His+, but no lacZ+.

Frederik Boernke boernke at IPK-Gatersleben.de
Wed Jun 4 06:03:17 EST 1997

Hi!

I am just about to estsblish two-hybrid system in our lab. I screened
about 2 x 10e6 transformants and obtained about 120 His3 positiv
colonies some of which show very robust growth behavior and apearred
already after 3 days. I tested all these for lacZ expression in a filter lift
assay, but none of them turned blue. Is this something to worry about,
or should I just go on to screen more?
The problem is that I have absolutely no experience with this kind of
stuff. Has anybody a suggestion?

Ricky

Frederik Boernke
Research Group Molecular Plant Physiologie
Corrensstr. 3
06466 Gatersleben
Tel.  039482 -5 321
Fax. 039482 -5 515