Need Urgent Help !!!

Arturo Sánchez asanchez at cibnor.mx
Wed Jun 4 17:36:29 EST 1997

I am doing some DNA electrophoresis from marine yeast using the following
restriction enzymes: Alu I, Eco RI, Hinf I, Kpn I, Pst I. I am using 2%
agarose gel. At least in Alu I and Eco RI I can see some patterns.
However, the background is so intense that I can't distinguish very well
the pattern. The smear is lightly less intens than the bands.

Is it because I have both DNAs (genomic and mitochondrial)?

How can I have more clear gels in a way to take nice pictures?

I am really concerned about this because my thesis is almost finished
but I can't have nice imagens from this gels. If you have some ideas
about what to do please e-mail me to:

asanchez at cibnor.mx

Arturo Sánchez
Marine Pathology Unit.