Homemade Chemiluminescent Protocols?'

Rex Denton DENTON at biomed.med.yale.edu
Wed Jun 4 11:46:08 EST 1997

  Our lab uses homemade luminol except the protocol we have uses p-coumaric
> acid instead of p-iodophenol. The lab next door did a sided-by-side
> comparison with the DuPont stuff and found the fresh homemade luminol to be
> more sensative (~twice as sensative, I think).

I tried this procedure once upon a time and had reasonably good results.  I did
notice however, that the exposure time for the home-made version was somewhat
longer than that of the ECL kit.  Is this generally true or did I do somthing
wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Rex