Homemade Chemiluminescent Protocols?

Marci Swede swede at biodec.wustl.edu
Thu Jun 5 15:42:19 EST 1997

4.ix.netcom.com>

Some attributes got messed up here--x  the complaint was about Sigma's
luminol not working. The request was for testing if the failure was for
Sigma luminol or some other reason that batch didn't work.

HK (hk-miami at ix.netcom.com) wrote:

: x-no-archive: yes
: In <5n47to$188 at falcon.le.ac.uk> "Dr E. Buxbaum" <EB15 at le.ac.uk> writes:
: >
: >hk-miami at ix.netcom.com(HK) wrote:
: >
: >>Maybe it wasn't the luminol...Maybe you mixed or measured something
: >>incorrectly, since you said that you only tried it once.
: >>I buy Luminol from Sigma...it works just fine.  In a side-by-side
: >>test of my solutions and the ones in the  Amersham ECL kit, my
: >>solutions work equally as well.
: >
: >I would not say things like this if I hadn't done the ovious tests. In
: >general I had quite a few problems with Sigma's chemicals over the
: years,
: >for example SDS which was insoluble in water, inactive enzyme... Looks
: >like a quality control problem to me.
: I'm not sure what a more oBvious test would be than testing it side by
: side with the reagents I was trying to duplicate and seeing that both
: worked equally well.  What other test would you suggest?

: Helene
: >