pLysS sequence?

Zophonias O. Jonsson zjons at
Sat Jun 7 13:30:05 EST 1997

In article <9706061025.AA08274 at>,
jwoodget at (Jim Woodgett) wrote:

> In article <33976BAE.326C at>, Matthew Parker <
> parker at> writes:
> > Hi! Anybody know where I can get a map or the sequence of pLysS?
> >
> >       Thanks!
> >
> Not unless its part of a genome project.  pLysS is an E. coli strain that
> expresses lysozyme among other things (the DE3 version contains an integrated
> T7 RNA polymerase under Lac control).

Not quite Jim!  You were a bit too quick.  You are right that there are
E.coli strains with pLysS in their names but that's exactly because they
carry a PACYC derivative plasmid, named pLysS, that carries the T7
lysozyme gene.  So the orinal question is quite logical.  I spent a few
hours a couple of years ago to look for the sequence or a map of pLysS and
pLysE but came away empty handed. (If you find the sequence Matthew,
please let me know).

Zophonias O. Jonsson
Institut fur Veterinarbiochemie               Tel: (41-1)-257-54-75
Universitat Zurich-Irchel                     Fax: (41-1)-362-05-01
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zurich