B-Actin probe to normalize RNA conc. in Northern Blots?

Rajesh Kumar rk6n at virginia.edu
Tue Jun 10 05:23:23 EST 1997

I am wondering if B-Actin can be used as a probe in Northern Blots to
normalize RNA load from different tissues?
In my case, I used equal amount of Total RNA (on the basis of O.D.260
values) from different tissues in my blot and when probed with B-Actin
it showed a lot of difference in signal intensity in different tissues.
The intensity pattern was

Lung > Intestine >> Kidney >>>>>>>>> Lacrimal gland, parotid gland and

Is this normal or somrthing wrong somewhere?