short sequencing

Taek H. You tyou at postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu
Wed Jun 11 02:42:50 EST 1997

In article <339CCF1D.53CF at jcu.edu.au> Lynn Hughes <Lynn.Hughes at jcu.edu.au>
writes:
>Hi all,

>Just hoping for some suggestions with a sequencing problem we are
>having.  We are wanting to obtain the sequence of our DNA about 20bp
>from where the primer attaches.The closest we have achieved so far is
>about 40bp.  Has anyone got any suggestions on how to get closer to
>the primer attachment region.

>Thanks for your help.

While ago, I could get down to 3 bases from the primer.
All I did was that using Mn terminator and the reaction was stopped as soon as
sequenase added. That alone probably would take quite a while internally. The
bands were pretty faint but I could manage to read it by exposing the X-ray
film for a weekend.