Purif. of genomic DNA. suggestions...?

Chris Boyd chrisb at hgu.mrc.ac.uk
Wed Jun 11 04:12:37 EST 1997

max at aasrhusamt.dk wrote:
: Hi
: I was wondering if anyone had a protocol for purification of
: genomic DNA that gives a really good template for nick-translation.
: I read about a phenol-extraction-free method a while back which was supposed
: to provide good quality DNA but I never got around to copying it..
: Could someone please repost?
: ANy other suggestions wellcome..
: Max

You don't specify prokaryote or eukaryote. If the former, I recommend
the following technique, which doesn't use phenol.  It does, however,
use chloroform.

@Article{OWEN:1987,
  author =       "R. J. Owen and P. Borman",
  title =        "{A rapid biochemical method for purifying high
                 molecular weight bacterial chromosomal DNA for
                 restriction enzyme analysis}",
  journal =      "Nucleic Acids Res.",
  volume =       "15",
  pages =        "3631",
  year =         "1987",
}

Best wishes,
--
Chris Boyd                       | from, | MRC Human Genetics Unit
chrisb at hgu.mrc.ac.uk             |  not  |  Western General Hospital