Looking for input on commercial Euk. Genomic DNA kits.

Martin Lake mlake at ROCKETMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 12 10:19:01 EST 1997

There seems to be a lot of kit-o-phobia these days, but I'm glad to
see I'm not the only one using them!

As for genomic DNA extraction, I assume that most of the commercial
kits out there work somewhat. Personally, I've used Qiagen's before
and it worked just fine. The only reason, I think, for choosing one
over the other is price and technical support for the product.

As for price, check out Omega Biotek, I think they're still giving
away free samples for most of their kits.

No affiliation (Qiagen or Omega).

Happy hunting.

Lake.

P.S. Our system is down so I'll be using Rocketmail for a while. Sorry
for any hassle.