No specific band in GAL4 Western

Joe Boutell boutell at cf.ac.uk
Fri Jun 13 10:00:27 EST 1997

Hi Frederik

One thing to be careful of is that last time i looked the Clontech
monoclonal GAL4 Ab didn't detect the fusion proteins produced from their
original 2 hybrid system, only the higher expression system 2. However,
things might have changed, and it sounds like you're using a more
sensitive chemiluminescent system anyway (and you might be using the
higher expression system). In which case, the one thing i'd say is you
seem to be diluting your antibodies an awful lot - i tend to use 1:1000
for my primary and 1:10000 for the secondary.
Cheers,
Joe Boutell