denaturing vs non denaturing gels

brett brett at BORCIM.WUSTL.EDU
Fri Jun 13 17:02:18 EST 1997

>On Thu, 12 Jun 1997 09:03:21 +0200,
>krasel at wpxx02.toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de (Cornelius Krasel) wrote:
>
>>bipin k. dalmia (dalmiabk at phibred.com) wrote:
>>> maybe the original poster wanted to know about denaturing vs non
>>> denaturing _protein_ gels......!
>>>
>>> i still think that we should split up this group into at least two
>>> groups: protein/peptide and nucleic acids.
>>
>>There is a protein group, and it is called bionet.molbio.proteins :-)
>>
>>--Cornelius.
>>
>>--
>>/* Cornelius Krasel, U Wuerzburg, Dept. of Pharmacology, Versbacher Str. 9 */
>>/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004 at rzbox.uni-wuerzburg.de  SP3 */
>>/* "Science is the game we play with God to find out what His rules are."  */
>
>bionet.molbio.proteins hasn't evolved to the level that this group has
>in terms of techniques/methods/reagents. here is what i propose:
>
>bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts.proteins
>bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts.nucleic-acids
>
>bip

Bad idea. bip's simplification would have us beleive that all methods or
reagents pertain only to proteins or nucleic acids. Where would I have found
the many useful discussions in this forum on cells, viruses, protein:nucleic
interactions, general equipment (ie. electrophoretic systems, gel dryers),
and scientific philosophy/wisdom I have been reading these past few years?

Brett Lindenbach

Program in Immunology
Washington University - St Louis
brett at borcim.wustl.edu