permanent chromogenic labelling of DNA

Dr. Shirish A. Ranade S.Ranade at wye.ac.uk
Sat Jun 14 09:34:37 EST 1997

Dear Netters

I am interested in tracking some information on chromogenic labelling of
DNA, something similar to say India ink-staining of proteins. However,
this should not involve coupling of an enzyme to DNA and then assaying
the enzyme with a chromogenic reaction.

Also, suppose I were to mix some toluidine blue (a dye used earlier to
stain DNA in gels) with DNA, what kind of stability the dye - DNA complex
has or will have? Will dye be easily extracted from the DNA?

Is there some information available on these lines? If so, you could
e-mail to me as follows :

E-mail to Wye College Until June 30 1997 only at

S.Ranade at wye.ac.uk

After July please e-mail to my permanent address in India at

sar at nbri.sirnetd.ernet.in

Thanks in advance.

Shirish