Apoptotic DNA fragmentation analysis

Kitty Bos kbos at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jun 18 03:37:00 EST 1997

I have found exactly the same with T cells obtained from lymphnodes.
Non-treated (ie. what should be non-apoptotic) cells gave me a DNA
ladder as strong as apoptotic cells. Someone suggested that it could
be the %FCS used in the media, but when I changed that (to more) that
had no effect on my cells. I heavily suspect that during the isolation
of the cells (squashing lymph nodes etc etc), a lot of cells are
triggered into the apoptotic mode. I'm not sure if this is of any
help, but you could try and change your FCS concentration to keep the
cells happier.