Q on freezing cells (QnD)

Wolfgang Schechinger wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Jun 18 19:41:26 EST 1997

Hi TC experts!

Has anyone yet tried to freeze cells in the (micro)plate by just
exchanging the media for FCS/DMSO (90/10) and storing them ant -80 or
in Nitrogen? Will the cells get alive again after thawing?
I know that's quick and dirty, but is theer a better way to get more
than 50 clones (3T3 cells) into the fridge for four weeks?

What do you suggest?
Thanks for replying!
Cheers,
Wolfgang

-----

Wolfgang Schechinger
University of Tuebingen
email: removethis!wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Sorry, I've doctored my email address again. Too much spam the last weeks. Please remove the word removethis! from my address when replying.

http://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/~wgschech/research.htm

public PGP key is avilable on request