I RNA extracted from human adipose and then DNAse treated then heat deactivate it. Every time I DNAs

Martin Offterdinger a8803349 at unet.univie.ac.at
Fri Jun 20 04:13:24 EST 1997

On 19 Jun 1997 13:24:20 -0700, percenti at MHS.PBRC.EDU (Ivor Percent)
wrote:

>I RNA extracted from human adipose and then DNAse treated then heat deactivate it. Every time I DNAse treat my sample it is degraded. I have run all possible controls i.e. buffer and sample only DNASE + sample only ECT.... I still get degraded samples. I ran the same DNAse and buffer on a rat RNA and the samples were fine. Any sugestions, please help!! , contact me at percenti at mhs.pbrc.edu
>thanks
>ivor percent

It is very important to use a special DNase as many commercially
available DNAses contain trace amounts of RNAse and therefore degrade
your sample. I suppose that this was the reason for the degradation
you have observed. Use e.g. promega RQ RNAse free DNAse(No connection
with the company!) or any other product that is certified to be RNAse
free.
Martin