deep 96-well polypropylene plate supplier?

Andrew Wallace a.wallace at qub.ac.uk.see.signature
Tue Jun 24 04:33:47 EST 1997

Stephen Baird wrote:

> Hi,
>    Does anyone know who makes or supplies deep-well polypropylene 96-well
> microtiter dishes?
>
> Thanks,

Beckman supply them, but as far as I know they do not have sterile ones
available. They work well, however, for handling up to 1.5 ml of
non-sterile solutions and have good silicone rubber well covers. There
is a plastics company here in the UK that supplies an equivalent product
but in sterile packs:

Radleys
Shire Hill
Saffron Walden
Essex CB11 3AZ
England

Tel	+44-1799-513320
Fax	+44-1799-513283

They call them "bio-blocks" and come in sterile packs of 24,
Cat # F37860-0001/Q
sterile covers are extra and are again in packs of 24,
Cat # F37860-0006/Q

You can grow up to 0.5 ml of E. coli culture in each well and the covers
prevent cross contamination. I'm quite happy with them so far.

Andrew

--
- note antispam feature in return address. My real address is: