Mutation detection kits

Frederick W. Hyde fredhyde at
Wed Jun 25 11:22:23 EST 1997

Greetings all,

I'm doing some work in the area of mutation detection, looking for a
test system that will enable me to rapidly screen PCR-amplified
stretches of DNA for point mutations.

Can anyone suggest a good, reputable, easy-to-use kit for such an
endeavor? What sort of kits are out there and how easy are they to use?
I've done very little work in this area and I'm interested in getting a
product that has a short learning curve. What companies have such kits?

You can either post your responses or just send me E-mail at
fredhyde at to avoid excessive bandwidth.

Thanks in advance,