POV-ray

Wolfgang Schechinger wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Jun 25 06:20:32 EST 1997

If you get the data as .gif, you'll be able to convert it to a .dxf
with many popular image programs as PaintShopPro or Corel Photopaint
(just two examples). But I don't know, if the result will be ok (are
-dxf three dimensional?)
pdb2pov should be better.

Wolfgang

> mark wrote:
> >
> > I am looking for DXF-Format files of Proteins to use in POV-ray
> > (just for fun :-) )
> >
> > If anyone can direct me to a site which has them I would
> > appreciate it! I have done a Lycos search but came up  empty
> > handed.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Mark Wilkinson
> > markw at cheerful.com
> >
> > --
> > Dr. Mark Wilkinson
> > Max-Planck Institute
> > Koln, Germany
>
>  An alternative is to use the pdb2pov program available
> for several OS.  Try the POV-ray site: ftp.povray.org.
> The author of the pdb2pov program is Eric G. Suchanek, Ph.D.
>
>    Have fun.
>     -Reggie.
>
>    ---------------- **** ----------------
>         Reggie Aurora
>      Dept of Biophysics, WBSB 701, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
>    725 N. Wolfe St., Baltimore, MD 21205

Wolfgang Schechinger
IV Med Clinc
University of Tuebingen