LD-PCR:use which polymerase(s)??

Guido Hooiveld g.j.e.j.hooiveld at farm.rug.nl
Wed Jun 25 12:49:02 EST 1997

Hi everybody,

As a novice on long distance PCR I have this question:
I want to use PCR for cloning a large (5 kb) gene. Does anybody know which
polymerase (or pol. mix) is best (has a fidelity/ efficiency high enough)
for performing this PCR in one step? (I heard about eg. TaKaRa, Pwo, Pfu,
Taq:Pfu mix).

Any suggestions or experiences are appreciated!

Please post here or send an e-mail directly to:
g.j.e.j.hooiveld at farm.rug.nl

Thanks in advance!

(As I am not a regular user of this newsgroup I apologize for asking this
question again; please point me to references already discussed).
* Guido Hooiveld                             |                            *
* Groningen University Center for Pharmacy   |phone: (+)31 50 3637565     *
* dept. of Pharmacokinetics and Drug Delivery|       (+)31 50 3633272     *
* A. Deusinglaan 1                           |fax:   (+)31 50 3633247     *
* NL-9713 AV Groningen                       |internet:                   *
* The Netherlands                            |g.j.e.j.hooiveld at farm.rug.nl*