Cell adhesion anyone? Looking for collaboration

Wolfgang Schechinger wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Jun 25 04:57:03 EST 1997

Hi cell adhesion experts!

In a transfection experiment, I got NIH3T3 fibroblasts that don't
adhere anymore but still seem to grow (do dead cells remain
visible for four weeks and divide? ;-)
Now I've found out that my transfection construct (A fusion
with a reporter, an epitope tag and my protein of interest) has a
deletion right after my protein's start codon resulting in a
frameshift and translation termination after some AAs. The cells
have no longer worth for my project, but I don't want to throw them

If you think you could use these findings and if you are interested
in collaborating, please let me know and drop a few lines by email!

If you think, that all is complete nonsense, please tell me, too!

I won't be in the lab the next three weeks, so please be patient
waiting for a reply.

Wolfgang Schechinger
IV Med Clinc
University of Tuebingen