Microfuge Advice Wanted

Me none
Mon Jun 23 18:41:20 EST 1997

Dear Netters;

My lab is looking to replace a variety of old microfuges...you know, those
vintage Fisher and Eppendorf units that make a brain-melting noise when
operated?

We would deeply appreciate any and all advice...like "we bought this, and
it rocks" or "this sucks, it breaks every spin and the company wants big
bucks to repair it"  Features we really need are fast spin-up/down, high G
force, high reliability and low noise.

Companies we're looking into include (but are not limited to) :
Beckman
Jouan
Eppendorf
Fisher
IEC

Thanks in advance, and i'll post a summary if i get a lot of info.

-Micky
UW-Madison
in the land of beer, brats, and of course cheese.