phosphoprotein dephosphorylation

aai139 at agora.ulaval.ca aai139 at agora.ulaval.ca
Thu Jun 26 11:23:35 EST 1997

Hello Friends,
We are working with a plant protein that is totally phosphorylated in
vivo.  Assays of dephosphorylation using alkaline phosphatase (CIP) or
acid potato phosphatase were inefficient.  We have used different
conditions, but removal of 32-P was not higher than 20% (2 hours
incubation).  Does anyone encounter such problem with non-specific
phosphatases? Is there anyone who knows a protocol using general
phosphatases which works properly ? Any lab protocol or references are
welcomed.

Kindly reply to me or the respective group.

Thanks in advance

Raphael

Email:
aai395 at agora.ulaval.ca