Sequence Alignment Program Needed

Burkhard Morgenstern morgen at coltrane.gnets.ncsu.edu
Fri Jun 27 10:01:06 EST 1997

books at mcvax2.d48.lilly.com wrote:
>I need a program which can align two DNA seqeunces 9 kb long. Is there a
>program that can to this? Thanks DPSMITH

Try DIALIGN.

A detailed description of the method including an application
to long DNA sequences is given in

    Morgenstern, B., Dress, A., and Werner, T. 1996.
    Multiple DNA and protein sequence alignment based on
    segment-to-segment comparison.
    Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 93, 12098 - 12103.

As described in this paper, the program was able to detect functional
sites in otherwise unrelated DNA sequences of length > 7 kb.

DIALIGN executables for various UNIX platforms (including LINUX)
together with a detailed user guide and a test example are available
at

     http://www.gsf.de/biodv/dialign.html

The program is very easy to use and online help is provided
at any input level.

If you are not able to install the program on your computer,
you may mail me your sequences and I will do the alignment
for you.

  Burkhard Morgenstern