rising antibodies

Alberto Piccin AP12 at le.ac.uk
Mon Jun 30 13:42:37 EST 1997

Dear netters,

	I am planning to rise a rabbit polyclonal antibody against a
protein fragment of about 300 aa which is expressed as a GST fusion.
Browsing through several protocols did not give much help in deciding a
suitable strategy. Therefore I would greatly appreciate your opinions
and expertise.
In the manual by Harlow and Lane, they reckon that antigens in
particulate form are more antigenic than soluble proteins, therefore I
was thinking to use for the first boost the glutathione-agarose beads
bound to my fusion protein and then only use the 300 aa fragment for the
successive boosts.
Any comments or suggestions? Any idea of antigen dosage or whether the
agarose beads will also work as an adjuvant?

Thanks in advance

Alberto