Postdoctoral position available

Ramesh Raina rxr21 at PSU.EDU
Sat Mar 1 11:37:05 EST 1997

A postdoctoral position is available for an individual with experience in
protein and nucleic acid chemistry and an interest in novel regulatory
mechanisms. We are analysing the molecular basis of the Spm tranposon's
unique epigenetic regulatory system (Cell, v77 p427, 1994).  The Spm
promoter is rapidly inactivated and methylated in transgenic cells and an
element-encoded protein (TnpA) is able to both reactivate the promoter and
reverse the methylation. We are analysing the macromolecular interactions
between  element-encoded proteins and element sequences in vitro, in
bacteria and in transgenic plants to understand the underlying molecular
mechanisms that regulate element transcription, as well as transposition.
Please send a CV and references to Dr. Nina Fedoroff (nvf1 at psu.edu) or Dr.
Ramesh Raina (rxr21 at psu.edu), Biotechnology Institute, The Pennsylvania
State University, University Park, PA. 16802; FAX 814-863-1357.

Ramesh Raina
Assistant Professor of Biology
505 Wartik Laboratory
Pennsylvania State University