Blunt-end troubles

T.J. Young BMBTJY at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Mar 4 09:52:41 EST 1997

Hi,
I've got a bit of a problem, I'm trying to subclone a DNA sequence from one
vector into another.  Unfortunatly, the MCS are not compatible so I'm using
blunt-ended ligation.  Now this is a bugger at the best of times but every
time I get some positive colonies, on inspection, I find that the sequence
has gone in the wrong way round!!  Now am I just the Worlds unluckiest
molecular biology student or could there be some kind of underlying
phenomenon that's driving my ligation in this direction?
Cheers,
Tim ;-)