pre-made Northern blots

Francois Coulier coulier at infobiogen.fr
Tue Mar 4 08:42:53 EST 1997

On 4 Mar 1997, Kohta Takahashi wrote:

> I am looking to purchase a commercial Northern blot containing human
> tissue samples. I am aware that Clontech and Invitrogen sell them. Are
> there other companies which also sell these? Which is better? I would
> appreciate any help or advice that anyone can offer.
>
> Kohta Takahashi
>
> Kohta.Takahashi at molbio.unige.ch

We have been using Clontech's Multiple Tissue Northern, and are quite
satisfied with them, although RNA loading may vary from one membrane to
the next. This means you need to hybridize control probe(s)  to each
membrane. We have hybridized them 5-6 times, so far, with no significant
loss in signal intensity.

Francois Coulier
INSERM Unite 119
27 bd Lei Roure