DNA with RNA

Alex Dobrovic adobrovic at medicine.adelaide.edu.au
Wed Mar 5 20:31:53 EST 1997

This is not an answer to your question but a lot of RNA can  diminish the
fluorescence of DNA as the front of RNA kind of acts like an EtBr vacuum
cleaner. THis problem should not occur if you post-stain with EtBr.

>Hi there,
>          Please, I would like to know how much RNA can interfere with
>the migration of DNA molecules on a agarosis gel ? Can it arrest the DNA
>or pull the bands to a lower position in the gel ?
>         Mozart

mdamarin at usp.br (Mozart de Azevedo Marins)

Alexander Dobrovic, Ph. D.
Chief Scientist
Department of Haematology-Oncology
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Woodville, SA 5011, Australia

Affiliate Senior Lecturer
Department of Medicine
University of Adelaide

Tel 61-8-8222 6884
Fax 61-8-8222 6046 (note new numbers as of August 1996)