EtBr staining of DNA

Gerd Nilsen gerdn at ibg.uit.no
Thu Mar 6 02:24:56 EST 1997

Just add a microlitre to some of your loading dye (it will not last very long so don¥t
make much more than you need for one day), then add loadingdye to the DNA as normal, load
and run the gel and look what happen. If you are not satisfied, adjust the amount next
time (the idea is to use as little as possible. If the DNA is not stained enough you can
always stain the gel afterwards. Don¥t forget to add EtBr to your ladder also. If all DNA
on the same gel is stained the same way, I can¥t see why to bother about changes in
running of DNA. Correct me if I am wrong.