oligo biotinylation?

Kevin Gilbride gilbride at bu.edu
Thu Mar 6 17:02:12 EST 1997

In article <Pine.SOL.3.95.970222140537.8614A-100000 at chuma>, "Yi Zhang
(BIO)" <yzhang1 at chuma.cas.usf.edu> wrote:

> Hi Folks:
>
> I am just wondering about doing Biotinylation of oligo primers myself. The
> problem is I do not know how :). I really appreciate if anyone can help me
> out here. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ian

Hello Ian,

I believe Beohringer-Mannhiem has a Biotin tailing kit for oligo's. I have
tried their digoxigenin oligo tailing kit and it's fairly simple. I have
no affiliation with B-M. Just an honest opinion.

Good Luck,
KJ Gilbride
Mallory Institute of Pathology
Boston University Sch.of Med.