Amplitaq Gold - How do they do that???

Gordon Munro g_munro at
Fri Mar 7 04:40:46 EST 1997

This question may have already been answered,  but I would like to
know how Amplitaq Gold is inactivated.   So far PE have not been very
forthcoming with the answer.  So,  does anyone know the answer?

Also,  I am looking for an alternative to Amplitaq gold (some other
inactive Taq).  Any suggestions welcome apart from Taq STart and other
antibody-related tecnhiques as I have tried these already.

Gordon Munro            email:  g_munro at
Cytocell Ltd

visit our website:

Opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of Cytocell Ltd.