oligo biotinylation?

AAAACc aa374885 at OAK.CATS.OHIOU.EDU
Fri Mar 7 10:42:48 EST 1997

On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, Kevin Gilbride wrote:

> In article <Pine.SOL.3.95.970222140537.8614A-100000 at chuma>, "Yi Zhang
> (BIO)" <yzhang1 at chuma.cas.usf.edu> wrote:
>
> > Hi Folks:
> >
> > I am just wondering about doing Biotinylation of oligo primers myself. The
> > problem is I do not know how :). I really appreciate if anyone can help me
> > out here. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Ian
>
> Hello Ian,
>
> I believe Beohringer-Mannhiem has a Biotin tailing kit for oligo's. I have
> tried their digoxigenin oligo tailing kit and it's fairly simple. I have
> no affiliation with B-M. Just an honest opinion.
>
> Good Luck,
> KJ Gilbride
> Mallory Institute of Pathology
> Boston University Sch.of Med.

Hi Kevin,
I did oligolabelling using biotin at 5 end of oligo. I do not know whether
or not label 5 end or 3 end.  There is kit for labelling of 5 end of from
USB.  It is almast is $100 for 50 labelling.

Labelling is based on addition of ATP gammaS using T4 PK and coupling
reaction(interaction of biotin with sulfur at 50 C).

If you need more iformation, please let me know.

Ahmet