In vitro transcription with T7 RNAP

ISOAI Atsushi aisoai at agc.co.jp
Fri Mar 7 12:07:09 EST 1997

Hi, Sami
I had also tried to synthesize RNA in vitro using
T7 RNA polymerase.I used Invitrogen "in vitro
transcription kit" and carried out a series of
experiment. (It worked well.)  After restriction
enzyme reaction and protease treatment, I purified
DNA by conventional method, that's phenol-chloroform
extraction method. There were no problem.
My suggestions are:
1) Please try QIAGEN plasmid isolation Kit for preparing
template DNA. We usually use RNase to isolate plasmid
DNA from E.coli. I think it is difficult to remove RNase
by PEG-precipitation method. QIAGEN plasmid isolation Kit
works well.
2) You try to use RNase inhibitor during in vitro
transcrition reaction.
3)Finally I recommend you to handle template DNA as
RNA (!!) just after final step of plasmid isolation.