Scanners

Ian A. York iayork at panix.com
Sat Mar 8 14:17:13 EST 1997

Our lab may find itself with a little extra money, and we're thinking
about getting a scanner.  Although we'd find several uses for it, one of
the main things we'd be interested in is densitometric quatification of
bands on autoradiographs and so forth.

We don't know much about scanners, and there's a plethora of them out
there.  Anyone have any handy comments about things I should look for?
Things  I must have?  Gadgets I don't need?  Tips?

Thanks.

Ian