oligo biotinylation?

Gabor Igloi igloi at oligo.biologie.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Mar 10 06:15:51 EST 1997

AAAACc wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, Kevin Gilbride wrote:
>
> > In article <Pine.SOL.3.95.970222140537.8614A-100000 at chuma>, "Yi Zhang
> > (BIO)" <yzhang1 at chuma.cas.usf.edu> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Folks:
> > >
> > > I am just wondering about doing Biotinylation of oligo primers myself. The
> > > problem is I do not know how :). I really appreciate if anyone can help me
> > > out here. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Ian

Enzymatic addition of biotin-RIBO-UTP or -CTP with
terminal transferase gives a single biotinylated
nucleotide at the 3' end, which is still a substrate
for all polymerases (see BioiTechniques 15, 486-497,
1993). The added nucleotide must be complementary to the
target sequence.

Good luck
Gabor Igloi
--