FISH multicolour background

Geoff Scopes adbio at
Mon Mar 10 04:35:15 EST 1997

In article <3320581C.6762 at>, Gahtani <M.H.Algahtani at sheff> writes
>I am dong multicolour FISH Exp. on lymphoma chrmosome metaphases (
>patients and cell lines) using Teaxes Red and FITC ( direct and indirect
>tech,) but the problem which I am facing know is the background
>specially with FITC, larg and tiny green dots all over the slides
>please, I need any help to cont. my work, S who has the magic answer.
>looking to read your answer on my e-mail.
Are you doing the FITC labelling indirect? If so you could try
centrifuging your Fluorescein-Avidin (we do this after we have added it
to blocking buffer). This is because the Fluorescein Avidin forms
aggregates during storage.

Dr Geoff Scopes,
Research and Development Manager,
Units B1-B2, Longmead Business Centre,
Blenheim Road,
Surrey KT19 9QQ, UK.
Tel:  01372 723 456             E.mail: geoff at
Fax:  01372 741 414             Web Site: