Lipofectin mediated delivery of oligo

Hung-yiu Ho hyho at GATE.SINICA.EDU.TW
Tue Mar 11 02:06:38 EST 1997

I have used lipofectin to deliver oligo to a lymphoma cell. when I
incubated 30 microlitre of lipofectin with 7 microgram of oligo (final
conc: 1 micromolar) in 200 microlitre of DMEM (Gibco). After addition of
cell, the volume is made up to 1 ml. Upon incubation of oligo with lipid,
a coarse ppt  formed. Under microscope, the ppt seems to be very large.
I cannot figure out what happens. The DNA and lipid conc do not exceed
what are stated in protocols supplied by the vendor. Any help is
appreciated. Thanks