recombinant plasmid screening

Tom Buckley tbuckley at sol.uvic.ca
Tue Mar 11 16:02:24 EST 1997

Hi,
I am looking for a protocol for screening recombinant plasmids based on
plasmid size comparison on agarose gel. I used to have a very simple
method (not the one from promega) using a solution called cracking
buffer. The cracking buffer contains NaOH, SDS and a cocktail of
different salts. After cells from an overnight culture have been mixed
and stood 5-10 min at roomtemp, the mixture can  be loaded directly on
gel without any further treatment. Unfortunately I somehow have lost this
protocol and therefor would be very happy any of you can send me a copy
of it. Thank a lot in advance.
With regards.
Dzung Diep

My email adress: dbdiep at uvic.ca