What's your favorite protocol book?

Alexander Kraev kraev at bc.biol.ethz.ch
Tue Mar 11 11:02:12 EST 1997

In article <3324529F.492C at ou.edu>, gdavis at ou.edu wrote:

> In our laboratory reference library we currently have "Current Protocols
> in Molecular Biology" and Sambrook's "Molucular Cloning: A Laborartory
> Manual".
>
> Are there new versions of either of these protocol books and does anyone
> have any favorites aside from these that have arisen in recent years?

Eh, IMO, these two books are not quite the same: the Maniatis is sadly out
of date, even when the basic protocols are concerned, and the Red Book
get updates  every quarter of a year ( although certain sections tend to get
frozen as well). For new stuff,  check  Nucleic Acid Research (now available
on CD for easy search), Biotechniques, and recent "Tech Tips on-line"
(http://www.elsevier.nl/locate/tto).  However, the best protocol is still
the one that
works.

Cheers,