Error bar in Microsoft Excel 5.0?

Guy Hermans ghermans at luc.ac.be
Tue Mar 11 06:28:47 EST 1997

In article <nc1-1003971835510001 at phanes94.mc.duke.edu>, nc1 at acpub.duke.edu
(Namjin Chung) wrote:
> in a single file of single software.  However, I couldn't have figured out
> how I can add error bars of standard deviation to line chart or bar chart
> even after many, many trials.

You can go on and on... it's simply not there as far as I know. If
scanning the helpfile doesn't show up anything, it's not there. Microsoft
will surely let you know what they can do!

> It seems that Excel does not support addition of varying degree of error
> bars when you graph; it only give me fixed degree of error value.  Or it
> might need some hidden tricks to do this.  Does anybody know about this
> tricks?

The one trick that worked for me is buying a scientific graphing product.
Sorry, but I don't have any alternatives. Check www.jandel.com for details
onn SigmaPlot. Heavily recommended!

Greeting,

Guy

--
Guy Hermans, PhD student
  Ms research Unit              Immunology research group