determining titer

Karl Fischer tyr-2 at bones.biochem.ualberta.ca
Wed Mar 12 23:17:33 EST 1997

In article <33275066.214E at niehs.nih.gov>, NIEHS, Mail, Drop, F2-02,
Research, Triangle, Park, NC, 27709 wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm producing antibodies in rabbit from synthetic peptides.  It's
> rapidly becoming time to check the Ab titer from the first bleed, and I
> realize that I have no protocol for this.  Any suggestions on protocol
> books?  I'm more of a DNA/RNA person, and haven't ventured into Ab
> production before.  Help will be appreciated.
>
> Caroline Seay

Hello

Grab a copy of Antibodies: A Laboratory Manual by Harlow and Lane; it
should have all you need to know regarding testing of Ab raised against
synthetic peptides.

If you can't get it just email me and I'll fire off technical excerpts
from the manual.

Cheers

Karl the hepB guy

The essence of science is not "This is the result I predicted" but
"Gee...isn't that strange?"

--
Karl Fischer
tyr-2 at bones.biochem.ualberta.ca