ampicillin analog?

Dr. Duncan Clark duncan at
Thu Mar 13 04:08:50 EST 1997

In article <199703130138.UAB171874 at>, MR ROBERT G
CHAPMAN <bob_chapman at> writes
>We're using an ampicillin based expression system but may be having
>trouble with scale-up due to ampicillin depletion. My boss remembers
>seeing an lactamase resistant analog of ampicillin compatable with
>our AmpR vector. Can anyone provide a refference to such an

Methicillin used with Ampo at a ratio of 80mg Methicillin and 20mg
Ampicillin per litre. Unfortunately the usual source oif Methicillin,
Sigma, has stopped supplying. Ther msut be alternative sources out

sliced from time to time....

Dr. Duncan Clark
DNAmp Ltd.
TEl/FAX 01252376288