TRAP assay

Loryn Sellner lorysell at dunamis.rph.uniwa.uwa.edu.au
Fri Mar 14 14:30:02 EST 1997

We have just started using the TRAP assay in our lab, and are seeking
opinions as to the nature of some of the bands. There is always one
strong band at the bottom of the ladder, I would assume this represents
the primers plus one repeat unit, except that we are having trouble in
that it crops up in our negative control lanes too, although the rest of
the ladder doesn't. Also we get bands below the start of the ladder
proper (i.e. smaller MW), has anyone else seen these sorts of things or
have any idea what they represent? It's making it difficult to interpret
results.
Thanks,
Loryn (lorysell at dunamis.rph.uwa.edu.au)