gel shift assay

Toumy Guettouche tguettou at newssun.med.miami.edu
Thu Mar 13 12:43:04 EST 1997

On Wed, 12 Mar 1997, Joachim Kremerskothen wrote:

> Hi netters,
>
> we have some problems with our gel shift assays because our protein/RNA
> complex do not run on a native 5% polyacrylamide gel using TBE buffer (pH
> 7,6). Any suggestions for another gels system, etc.?
>
> Thanx in advance,
>
>                               Joey

We usually use TGE buffer. It works better than TBE anyway. I actually
don't know why people would use TBE buffer for gel shifts. Another buffer
you can use is Tris-Taurine. You can find the receipe in the manual for
the Sequenase Sequencing kit from Amersham. works like a charm.

Hope that helps.

toumy